Staff member at Clerksroom
"thank you Abi for an absurdly good service! Kind regards Mark Rothman Head of Litigation Leonard Gray LLP"
The key aim of the diary clerk is to take joint responsibility for answering incoming calls, to either manage them efficiently or to re-allocate to an appropriately senior member of the team.
- Incoming faxes, overview and forwarding
- Checking all court listings on a daily basis against the diary
- Forward checking of the diary system to ensure bookings are confirmed and instructions have been requested
- Notifying Counsel, where necessary, of their diary bookings for the following day
- To be the first person to answer incoming telephone calls before 1pm, where possible, filtering them to the correct department, member of staff or Barrister.
- Raising any area of concern in the first instance with the 1st junior clerk.
- Allocation and booking of Small Claims hearings
- Forward checking of the diary system, when required, to ensure bookings for the following working day are confirmed and instructions have been received
The role includes:
- Assisting reception, this will include meeting and greeting entrants to the building and offering tea or coffee.
- Accurate recording of communications, ensuring fair allocation of work to Barristers.
- Monitoring and action of incoming emails. Record communications against case records where appropriate.
- Thrive in a pressurised environment where deadlines are critical
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Work as part of the clerking team and assist where necessary or as requested
- Manage telephone enquiries & requests of a wide & general nature for the company.
- Review and implement a system for checking the Barristers forthcoming bookings are confirmed and to ensure briefs and instructions are received by Counsel as early as possible. This will require the assistance of the 1st Junior clerk and the Senior clerk.
- Reporting directly to and raising any area of concern with the 1st Junior clerk and should a matter be unresolved the matter must be referred to the Senior clerk.
- To facilitate and encourage effective communication between all departments and staff to help ensure there is a positive team environment throughout.
- To identify opportunities to improve the service offered by the company through it’s systems, staff and marketing material and to communicate these opportunities to the Chambers Director.
- Have a general understanding of the workings of all departments and staff roles (see staff plan) within the business.
Email Abi directly - firstname.lastname@example.org