I am a strong believer that everyone should have the opportunity to have their voice heard, and to have equal access to justice. As a Mediator, I provide the opportunity for the parties to work with someone who is impartial and confidential, the cornerstone of Mediation. I have more than 20 years’ experience as a private practice lawyer, first for London firms and then at my own virtual law firm, since 2010. My services extend to a diverse client base and includes real estate, corporate commercial, intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution.
In 2015-16, I qualified as a Chartered Arbitrator MCIArb and thereafter as a CEDR accredited Mediator. I studied at the prestigious MIDS program in Geneva attaining an LLM in international dispute settlement, specialized but not limited to Commercial Disputes. Other dispute domains include Civil, International organizations, and Investor-State Mediation. I am also authorized and regulated as an English Solicitor under the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (“SRA”).
Mediation Style and Approach
• My passion lies in being a Peace Builder. With so much conflict in the world, my aim is to bring resolution, helping others to explore possibilities, break deadlock and arrive at decisions efficiently and effectively.
• I am inspired and motivated by the mediation process which goes beyond litigation- supporting and ushering parties to explore emotional aspects of their conflict and decision-making styles. This further ensures that parties can “live” with their agreed upon decisions and outcomes.
• I have a strong mediator mindset with a natural ability to recognise sources of conflict easily in others and in my own relationships. I am versed in stepping back and questioning myself on how I could communicate better, explore possibilities, define and resolve disputes.
• Through my own personal development journey, and being an experienced Lawyer, Arbitrator and Mediator, I understand the psychology of human nature. I help my clients to understand their own personality and conflict styles thereby increasing their self-awareness.
• With a high emotional intelligence profile, I help my clients to better connect with themselves which helps them to understand why they are stuck in deadlock. This unlocks several success factors for my clients: ability to build trust quickly; ability to see mediation as an opportunity to test reality and to explore possibilities; reassurance that they are free to leave at any time; manage expectations on any guarantee of settlement, etc.
• With my extensive training and experience, I have a trained and natural ability to identify barriers and opportunities for resolving the conflict, and to design a structure and process for the set time.
• I also have a strong cross-cultural understanding which supports me in putting my clients at ease and in trust building.
• I have Specialist Training in Workplace and Online Mediation (“ODR”), I am willing to travel nationally and internationally. Currently based between UK and Geneva, Switzerland.