Jason has been an active mediator since 1997 (ADR Group). He is also head of the Property and Housing Litigation team at Russell-Cooke LLP. He extended his mediation qualifications to CEDR accreditation in 2018.
Whether as a solicitor or mediator, his primary approach is to help people and organisations avoid disputes, or resolve them.
As a solicitor, Jason "constantly drives matters towards resolution" (Legal 500 2019). He works equally hard for parties in mediation. He ensures he builds a rapport with all those involved, to help them work toward settlement as efficiently as they can. He loves the flexibility of thought and process that can be brought to a mediation, while preserving the integrity and principles of mediation.
As a mediator, Jason has worked in London, Birmingam, Bristol, Exeter and other cities. But he has also mediated in a field and some woods.
Before he joined Clerksroom, Jason had conducted around 90 mediations. Some examples are:
- Dispute over the sale and completion of a property contract, including a claim for damages (involving four parties) and a potential professional negligence claim;
- Dispute about rectification of a lease and for arrears of rent
- Dispute between a landlord and multiple tenants regarding service charges
- Disputes between a specialist lender to the agriculture industry and borrowers
- Dispute over property value
- High value dilapidations dispute, between three parties
- Dispute between a student accommodation provider and a US university about property fees
- Dispute between an electricity provider and property developer (about wayleaves and easements)
- Dispute (including claim for possession) between an owner (himself a mediator) and occupier
- Rent review dispute between a landlord and student accommodation provider
- Dispute between a former landlord and tenant about a settlement of claim between them
|1 December 2017||Settled|
Certificate on file
30 September 2022
Level of Cover:
Mediation Training Provider:
Date Qualified as Mediator:
10 January 1997