An experienced and highly sought-after dispute resolution specialist, Catherine Gilbert is a CEDR-accredited mediator, and a solicitor with more than 15 years' experience. She has a calm, pragmatic and creative approach and in her career has dealt with complex multi-party cases as well as smaller claims.
Catherine is currently a Consultant to the Hinkley Point C nuclear new-build power station, building on her commercial and strategic acumen in the construction and infrastructure spheres.
Mediation style and approach
As a mediator, Catherine is known for her calm and personable approach, coupled with a pragmatism and appreciation for the commercial aspects of disputes. Catherine's style and careful preparation allows her to work efficiently and to quickly earn the trust and confidence of parties.
As a solicitor, Catherine has seen and used many different styles of negotiation and she understands how conflict can arise, and the commercial and personal barriers to resolution.
While a calm and empathetic mediator, Catherine also rigorously reality-tests the parties and is not afraid to have difficult conversations or to ask questions. It is this approach that allows the parties to explore and consider the wider personal and commercial interests at play and to work towards resolution.
Areas of Expertise
• Agricultural disputes
• Boundary and neighbour disputes
• Commercial contracts
• Commercial property
• Company and shareholder disputes
• Construction and engineering
• Duress and undue influence
• Inheritance and probate
• Insurance (including coverage)
• Intellectual property
• IT and software disputes
• Land and property claims (all types)
• Landlord & Tenant (commercial and residential)
• Partnership disputes
• Professional liability (all professions)
• Restitution and unjust enrichment
• Trespass and nuisance
Catherine is also a CEDR trained workplace mediator and undertakes mediations of workplace disputes across all industries and businesses.
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations
• Mediator, accredited by CEDR
• Construction Adjudicator, UK Adjudicators ANB
• Dispute resolution solicitor and legal consultant, specialising in complex construction, engineering, energy and infrastructure disputes
• Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
• Member of TeCSA (Technology and Construction Solicitors Association)
2002 - 2004 Simmons & Simmons, Trainee Solicitor
2004 - 2008 Pinsent Masons, Assistant Solicitor
2008 - 2018 Burges Salmon, Associate and Senior Associate
2018 - Temple Bright, Partner
2018 - Independent mediator
Catherine is based in Bristol where she lives with her family, and works across the UK.
|6 December 2019||Settled|
|2 May 2019||Adjourned|
|25 October 2018||Settled after date|
|10 October 2018||Adjourned|
|19 September 2018||Settled|
Certificate on file
17 September 2020
Level of Cover:
Mediation Training Provider:
Date Qualified as Mediator:
25 July 2018