Key responsibilities of the Deputy Senior Clerk are:
• To deputise for the senior clerk where appropriate, when the senior clerk is away from the office, in conjunction with the chambers director
• To provide initial telephone contact with clients wishing to instruct a Barrister, seeking assistance from the Senior Clerk where required.
• To assist the senior clerk with the day to day management of the Barristers diaries e.g. chasing briefs, dealing with double bookings.
• Liaising and assisting clerks & court staff over listing of cases
• Responsible for overseeing the checking of diary information by the second junior clerk, for the next working day. Liaison with the courts to ensure booking information is accurate and checking that barristers are informed of the correct diary information. Reporting any areas of concern to the senior clerk.
• To organise training for any new junior clerks and be the main point of contact for any problems and concerns he/she may have, seeking assistance from the Senior Clerk when necessary.
• Accurate recording of communications, ensuring fair allocation of work to Barristers.
• To oversee the hearings system and to allocate fast track work generated through the system to our own members. Identify areas for improvement and to report technical faults to the technical support.
• Open email on a regular basis and ensure that incoming faxes are reviewed and distributed to the appropriate individuals
• To negotiate fees, obtaining assistance from the senior clerk where required.
• To understand and take a pro-active approach to marketing our services.
• Adopt a flexible approach to workload, assisting other areas of the clerking structure as and when requested by the chambers director.
• To ensure correct signposting of an enquiry to the relevant department or staff member.
• To raise any area of concern with the Senior Clerk and should a matter be unresolved and likely to cause negative feedback the matter must be referred to the Chambers Director.
• To encourage effective communication between all departments and staff
• To encourage the development and improvement within all areas of the business by raising ideas for improvement with the chambers director.
Jennie is married, with two young children. She enjoys going to the gym and walking in the countryside. When not excercising, Jennie can be found baking cakes and eating good food (hence going to the gym!)
Email Jennie: email@example.com
Jennie Walker DDI: 01823 704074