Membership Status: Barrister - Full Member
For over 30 years, Timothy has been an advocate at all levels of courts and tribunals. He was formerly a solicitor and was admitted to the bar in 1989.
Timothy has particular experience in problems relating to small businesses, especially family companies and partnerships where the owners are in conflict, having business experience at director level himself. Impatient with cliché and jargon, he drafts concise commercial documents. Timothy also represents clients in mediation.
Areas of law
- Company Law
- Commercial Arrangements
- Insolvency & Civil Recovery in Fraud
- Solicitors & other Professional Negligence
- Landlord & Tenant
- Land & Conveyancing
- Sale of Goods
- Consumer Credit
Music, Latin and English poetry, painting, English and European history.
We don't have any client feedback for Timothy Sisley at this time.
Recent reported cases
- Shah v Shah & Anor  EWHC 2693 (Ch). Partnership accounting.
- Gamatronic (UK) Ltd & Anor v Hamilton  EWHC 2225 (QB). Directors in competition.
- Ace Paper Ltd v Fry  EWHC 1647. Agreement to settle.
- Durley House Ltd v Firmdale Hotels Plc  EWHC 2608 (Ch). Franchise and guarantee.
- Wells v Chave  EWHC 2444 (Ch). Freezing order.
- Villa Agencies v Kestrel Travel Ltd  EWCA Civ 219. Costs
- Mann Aviation Group (Engineering) Ltd v Longmint Aviation Ltd 
- EWHC 2238 (Ch). Sale by liquidator.
- Amin v Amin  EWHC 1026 (Ch). Partnership.
- Amin v Amin  EWHC 641 (Ch). Partnership.
- Islam v Al-Sami  EWCA Civ 32. Rights under equitable charge.
- Bhandari v Hanover National (Holdings Developments) Ltd  All ER
- (D) 38. Land contract.
- Sethi v Patel  EWHC 1830 (Ch). Unfair prejudice to a shareholder.
- Amin v Amin  EWHC 827 (Ch). Costs in partnership proceedings.
- Amin v Amin  EWHC 528 (Ch). Salary to a family member in business.
- Amin v Amin  EWHC 3356 (Ch). Partnership and unfair prejudice.
- Patel (R on the application of) v Law Society  EWHC 757 (Admin). Professional discipline.
- National Landlords’ Association v Stimpson  EWHC 2340 (QB). Disclosure in an injunction.
- Franbar Holdings Ltd v Patel  EWHC 1534 (Ch)  1 BCLC 1. Permission to continue derivative action.
- Al-Sami v Mahmud  All ER (D) 199 (Jul). Enforcement of cross-undertaking in damages.
- Healy-Upright v Bradley  EWHC 3161 (Ch). Costs in partnership action.
- In the matter of Claygreen Ltd, Romer-Ormiston v Claygreen Ltd  BCLC 715. Shares pre-emption.
- RBG Resources plc (in liquidation) v Rastogi  2 BCLC 592. Cross-undertaking in freezing order.
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets v Barrett  EWCA Civ 1073. Costs in the Court of Appeal.
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets v Barrett  EWCA Civ 923. Adverse possession.
- Sharif v The Law Society  EWHC 90018 (Costs). Costs in professional intervention.
- Skupinski, Re Law of Property Act 1925  EW Lands LP 34 2003. Discharge of restrictive covenant.
- Gidman v Barron  All ER(D) 182. Unfair prejudice and pre-emption.
- East Sussex County Council v Hancock  UKEAT 0353030511. Disability discrimination.