A civil barrister and former solicitor-advocate with 30 years of litigation experience, Alistair Pye is a talented and committed advocate, advisor and mediator (see Alistair’s mediation profile here).
Areas of experience include:
Alistair is well known and popular for his relaxed, approachable manner as well as his first-rate analytical mind honed over 30 years as a litigation lawyer at the highest levels. These attributes, combined with meticulous preparation and determination, have brought him considerable success across all types of civil disputes, from modest boundary cases to complex, high-value commercial matters.
Whether you need an experienced lawyer to tell it to you straight and in plain English, or a skilful advocate who will fight your corner, you can be assured that Alistair will always give you 110%. His practice is nationwide and covers Fast and Multi Track, Arbitration and Construction Adjudication, as well as Injunctions and interim applications. He is also happy to help if you need a skilled advocate to fight your Small Claim dispute.
Alistair is accredited to accept instructions on a public access basis.
Why choose Alistair Pye as your advocate or advisor?
• Broad experience: From substantial commercial matters to boundary disputes over a few centimetres of land.
• Strong track record: High success and settlement rates, even in the most difficult cases.
• Easy to work with: Friendly and inclusive in his relationship with solicitors and clients alike.
• Excellent ADR reputation: Constantly in demand to mediate civil disputes of all types.
• Available nationwide: Lives near Bath and is happy to travel.
• Negotiable fees: Willing to discuss for individual cases.
• Entirely flexible: Happy working solo, in a team with solicitors or public access appointments.
• Excellent feedback: See Alistair's “testimonials” tab above.
Qualifications and past experience:
After studying literature and philosophy at Sussex University and law at the University of West of England, Alistair qualified as a solicitor, then later as a solicitor-advocate, a mediator and construction adjudicator. He spent most of his career at DAC Beachcroft’s legacy firms, initially in broad commercial litigation and then focusing exclusively on construction and insurance disputes, where he undertook much of his own advocacy. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Outside the office:
Alistair is married with three grown-up daughters. He spends a lot of time trying to hold back the years and stay fit via hill walking, cycling and other outdoor pursuits. He also enjoys travel (particularly in Spain), history and a good debate in the local pub.