Clerksroom members and staff are committed to charity work and has been since inception on the 21st April 2001. Over the years we have provided help to many charities in various forms. We not only provide funding where we can, but we also provide time, experience, marketing support and resources such as I.T. We do not publish any detail about the people we assist, only the organisations we help. Individual assistance is confidential.
We have supported:
- Headway, the Brain Injury Association - Click here to donate
- Taunton Homeless at Christmas through ARC - Click here to donate
- National Volunteering, our project to build admin software for all volunteering groups in England & Wales. Built during the COVID-19 pandemic to support all groups in the UK. See www.LocalVolunteer.co.uk for full details
- Barristers' Clerks benevolent fund. All royalties from "Tales of a Barristers' Clerk" are passed onto the Barristers' Clerks benevolent fund.
Our emergency 2020 projects during COVID-19 are:
- The National Pro-Bono Advice Service through Clerksroom Direct to offer NHS staff and small business free legal advice. Contact www.ClerksroomDirect.com
- Developing free software for local community volunteering groups throughout the UK. Our software is free to use and will be forever. www.LocalVolunteer.co.uk
- Our latest November 2020 project is to provide free laptops to children who are in need and unable to learn from home. We do not ask any questions, we simply reply on the source of the request to confirm there is a need for our limited resources. In November 2020 we will purchase 10 laptops and begin the process of getting them out to young people who need them. As more donations come in, we will purchase more laptops and distribute them. We will maintain a full list of donors and have the donations audited by our accountants PKF Francis Clark (Martin Lock/David Manning).
Would you like to help us with our free laptops for kids initiative?
- If you would like to propose someone who would benefit from a free laptop for the purposes of education, please do let us know. You can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org - We DO NOT require any personal information, the laptops will be gifted to the individual by next day courier with IT support to help set up based on the person making the request. i.e. We need to know who you are and why you are proposing and we will rely on you and our belief in human nature to ensure the service is not abused.
- You can donate by card at the following link. Please select Clerksroom Charity Donation from the drop-down list. DONATE HERE Please consider £100 as your donation as we can purchase a new laptop from our friends at eBuyer.com for £200 + VAT.
DONATE BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD NOW - CLICK HERE
DONATE BY PAYPAL using Paypal@clerksroom.com
All donors will be listed here on this page unless they ask not to be listed.
Stephen Ward, Managing Director and Harry Hodgkin, Head of Chambers. Our charity work is supported by all of our staff, our members, our suppliers and solicitor clients as well as many law firms who work with us to raise funds for many worthy causes. Our members and staff also give up a considerable amount of time to volunteer legal advice and to raise funds personally for a wide range of causes. We remain committed to doing what we can to help those in need where our resources allow.
With special thanks to the following for their kind donations:
Laptops posted out to:
- Harborne, Birmingham
- Whipton Barton Junior School, Exeter
- St Marks, Farnham
- Warrior Sq, St Leonards on Sea
- Weedon, Northampton
- Fairlands Middle School, Cheddar
- Longsight, Manchester
- Newcastle Sixth Form College, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Donald Hall Road, Brighton
- Millview Hospital, Hove
- Millview Hospital, Hove
- Battle, East Sussex
- Bellshill, Rochdale
- Horne Street, Bury
- St Johns Primary School, Wellington