Observer Guidance for Clerksroom Mediation
- Upon being allocated the observation we will email you the mediator’s email address.
- Please could you make contact with the mediator to introduce yourself as soon as possible.
- You should not expect to see papers or have any pre-reading.
- Dress should be smart.
- Please arrive at the mediation at least 30 minutes early and ask for the mediator upon arrival.
- You will be asked to sign the mediation agreement for confidentiality.
- The observer should always maintain a high standard of conduct and keep in mind the importance and the potentially stressful nature of the occasion for the participants.
- The observer should not play any role in the mediation whatsoever. Please refrain from making any comments unless specifically asked by the mediator.
- If the mediation takes place at a Clerksroom venue tea, coffee and water will be provided throughout the day free of charge. Lunch is rarely provided. Unless you are informed otherwise please make provision to supply your own.
- The majority of the mediations are booked from 10.00am – 5.00pm. A few go into overtime it is beneficial if you can stay to the end.
- Mediators will naturally have different styles and approaches so each mediation you observe may follow a different format.
We hope you enjoy and gain a lot from the day. Any queries please contact us on 01823 704 099.