Clerksroom is unique because it was founded by a clerk and 2 barristers with an ambition to provide a unique environment where great people work together to create a great culture which in turn produces a better service.
We work in a people business. Our members, support team, clients and suppliers all work together with mutual respect. We like working with great people!
Great barristers can join us, great solicitors can work with us, great clients can expect great service from us and great suppliers will get our loyalty and prompt payment.
If you feel we can improve our service in any way, please do let us know.
Stephen Ward, MD, Clerksroom - firstname.lastname@example.org
The key benefits of using Clerksroom
- We are the only chambers providing civil barristers for all courts and tribunals in England & Wales.
- We offer a national advice and drafting service for solicitors, lawyers, businesses & members of the public.
- We are proud to enjoy a culture of excellence in client service, going the extra mile in everything we do.
- We provide 80+ barristers clerked exclusively and 500+ independent mediators.
- A single point of contact saves you and your staff time and money.
- No travel costs for fast track claims – CPR rates only.
- Consistent expertise and quality assurance for peace of mind.
- Experts grouped into 6 teams covering civil and family law.
- Excellent communication at all times.
- Free CPD for all client firms.
- Flexible payment terms.
- Award winning innovation and client care.
- 24/7 availability.
- Trusted by 20,000+ solicitors in England & Wales.
When Clerksroom opened in 2001, our mission was simple. We set out to be the "go to chambers" for solicitors and legal professionals who need barristers in England & Wales.
Our clerks and barristers are approachable and friendly. We focus on combining the best of our talented people and technology to help us provide excellence in everything we do. We are structurally different and aim to deliver our services with passion, dedication and innovation. We believe our success lies in blending the traditional chambers model and the Bar’s unique independence with great client care and innovative use of IT.
We started Clerksroom with 2 barristers (Harry Hodgkin & Jonathan Dingle) and 1 clerk (Stephen Ward) and now enjoy a turnover of £12m with 80+ barristers and 20 staff.
Today, Clerksroom is an award winning chambers, recognised by most of the major directories and trusted by 20,000+ solicitors in the last 15 years. We are one of the leading providers of barristers & mediators in England & Wales, conducting on average over 1400 final hearings each month in addition to being one of the largest national providers of advice and drafting. Our staff work from a purpose built 6,000 sq ft HQ in Taunton managing over 4,000 enquiries every month. Our mediation clerks have developed our service into one of the largest in the UK and we also believe we are the largest provider of public access barristers through the Clerksroom Direct portal. Our services are available 24/7. Full details can be found at the links below:
Co-Founder, Stephen Ward says “the success of Clerksroom is down to our culture and focus on quality in everything we do. Our people, including our barristers, mediators, staff and suppliers are all key to our success. We take great pride in the service we provide which ensures that you have a single point of contact and a consistently high level of quality whenever you need to instruct a barrister or mediator."
Clerksroom is particularly well known for expertise in 6 key areas of law:
- Commercial Law
- Personal Injury Law, Clinical Negligence Claims and inquest representation
- Road Traffic Law (including fraud and credit hire).
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Costs Law
With 80+ barristers clerked exclusively, including 3 Queen's Counsel, Clerksroom has won awards from some of the industry’s best known critics. Accolades include The FT Innovative Lawyer awards, Personal Injury Practice Manager of the year as well as numerous Chambers & Partners recommendations. Visit www.clerksroom.com for details.
Clerksroom is a committed supporter of Headway, the Brain Injury Charity. Co-Founder Stephen Ward is a Headway Ambassador and has run 10 marathons, helping raise in excess of £20,000 in the past 4 years.
Example of our great feedback: “Thank you for an absurdly good service! Mark Rothman, Leonard Gray LLP”
Clerksroom is the trading name of European Administration Limited, founded 27th April 2001, Registration number: 4207276. VAT registration number: 779507184