Public Access Clerking
Clerksroom provides clerking service for members of the bar who are members of other chambers but require clerking for public access matters only.
- Public Access members will be members of other chambers and registered with the Bar Council records office as having a primary practice address at another chambers.
- Clerking services are limited to the public access clerking aspect of your practice.
- The Barrister is required to register an additional practice address (secondary) as Clerksroom HQ, Taunton, London or Manchester.
- The Barrister must sign the Service Level Agreement before any services are provided.
- Clerksroom fees are 15% of the Barristers fee.
- Clerksroom fees are collected by Direct Debit within 10 days following the month-end for the period the fees were paid to the Barrister.
Our Public Access Services are:
- Clerksroom Direct provides - Marketing, conversion, client care letters, fee processing and BACS onto you. You and your clerk then take over the enquiry and work with the public access client yourself. For this service, there is no charge to sign up to Clerksroomdirect.com. If we secure work for you, we charge you a contribution towards our marketing costs and our book keeping costs as we have managed and accounted for the fee collection process, card transaction, BACS payment to you and provided all the VAT and audit trail for you and your clerks. To be clear, you are paid 100% of your agreed fee, less a small marketing contribution and a £17.50 set book keeping fee towards the finance costs of the service provided to you.
- Clerksroom Barristers Chambers provides - Full Public Access clerking is a full clerking service of the public access case and case management throughout the case journey. We charge 15% of your fee for this service which includes diary management, case management, telephone support and full clerking in the traditional sense. Public Acess members are also entitled to use our Chambers365 case management system and will be provided with a Clerksroom.com email address.
If you are interested in using our public access clerking service, please contact Kevin Morrow using Kevin.Morrow@clerksroom.com
- Clerksroom Direct Marketing Service - Free sign up here.
- Clerksroom Barristers Chambers, Full Public Access Clerking Service. Service Level Agreement can be found here.
Call Kevin Morrow, our Clerksroom Chambers Public Access Clerk and London Manager on 0203 150 1491 or email Kevin using Kevin.Morrow@clerksroom.com
© 2021 Clerksroom
All Rights Reserved
Founders: Jonathan Dingle, Harry Hodgkin & Stephen Ward - 27th April 2001
Barristers regulated by the Bar Standards Board