“I cannot speak highly enough of Barry. Every time I have instructed him he has provided me with an excellent service. He is always prompt at responding to messages and has given me clear and concise advice”. Jonathan Cudd - Peter Lynn & Partners
"I found Barry very efficient and rapid in his response to my instructions. I was very pleased with the work that I received. I will be using him again in the future. Approachable and relaxed in his manner over email. A+ " - Mark Hammond - Higgs & Sons
Barry is an experienced advocate, based in South Wales, who has developed a nationwide practice divided into two main areas of law; Chancery/Commercial and Personal Injury.
Barry also has expertise in other areas which often serve to complement his main areas of practice.
He prides himself on being very approachable to both professional and lay clients and particularly enjoys developing a close working relationship with his clients over the natural progression of a case, helping to maintain continuity in order to maximise the potential for a successful outcome.
He is acutely sensitive of the cost consequences to his clients of each step taken in litigation and works to ensure that his clients obtain their best value for money invested at every stage of the process.
He is absolutely thorough in his case preparation and has an excellent reputation for dealing calmly and sensitively with difficult cases and lay clients.
Barry is approved by the Bar Council to accept direct public access instructions.
He also participates in arranging and delivering training courses as part of the continuing professional development of solicitors.
His practice areas consist of the following:
- Professional negligence (Barry is a member of the Professional Negligence Bar Association and has experience in claims involving solicitors, architects and other construction professionals and insurers).
- Consumer law
- Sale of Goods
- General commercial/contract disputes
- Property disputes- including building disputes, landlord & tenant, housing matters, issues involving trespass, boundaries, easements and restrictive covenants, trusts of land and co-ownership disputes.
- Company law / partnership disputes / agency law
Civil actions against the police
Barry has extensive experience of Claimant and Defendant personal injury litigation, in particular:
- RTA claims
- Employers liability claims
- Highway claims
- Criminal Injury Compensation Appeals (CICA)
- Animal Act claims
- Occupiers Liability Act claims
- Claims involving children
He regularly appears in Fast and Multi track actions and is able to draft claims or defences, or advise on quantum and evidence, at short notice.
He is uniquely placed to offer his expertise in presenting arguments in this constantly developing area of law and, having regularly received instructions to act on behalf of Claimant and Defendant, is familiar with the strength and weaknesses of the arguments utilised by both.
Barry is married with three children. He enjoys rugby, sailing, windsurfing and scuba diving.