Hazel joined Clerksroom in early 2004 and is the Case Manager, responsible for maintaining accurate case records and ensuring the smooth transmission of paperwork and briefs between clients and counsel.
Case Managers Role:
Reporting to the Senior Clerk, the aim of a Case Managers role is to provide efficient administration to Barristers whilst supporting the clerking team. The case manager has full authority to manage workload as appropriate and to carry out the functions listed below, within the budgets set by the Financial Director.
• Opening post
• Allocation of new instructions in consultation with the diary clerks and the outstanding work report.
• Creating new case files, conflict checking and recording of correct case types.
• Accurate recording of correspondence, obtaining and storing legal aid certificate details.
• Assessing the need and appropriateness of forwarding paperwork (professional and private) taking account of the potential cost and making savings wherever possible.
• Active checking and updating client database
• Manage work in progress reporting for all Counsel and notify any areas of concern to the senior clerk.
• To identify areas for improvement and opportunities within all areas of business
• To consider marketing opportunities to clients and client requests for marketing i.e. Seminars, presentations and provision of information & report to Senior Clerk.
• To provide effective assistance with day to day management of incoming telephone enquiries and to develop the service currently provided
• To oversee “problems” of a general nature, day to day within all areas of the business and to promote good working practice between the various aspects of the company.
• To provide effective communication throughout the business.
• Management of DX, including the setting up of new boxes, ensuring smooth operation and problem solving.
Hazel is married with 3 grown up children, living in Bristol, Plymouth and Chippenham.
With more time on her hands with the children flown the coup she has recently reignited her interest in sewing, making her own clothes and useful items around the home.
She enjoys “glamping” with her husband, reading and jigsaw puzzles.
The family often congregate back at home and all enjoy playing board games and cards, you will often hear after a family meal the refrain “Let the Games Begin”, followed by much laughter.
Email Hazel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Hazel on LinkedIn.