Beverley is a qualified Barrister, Mediator & veterinary surgeon, who joined Clerksroom following successful pupillage at Lamb Building in London. She is an advocate with a passion to succeed and is happy to accept work in all general civil areas of law appropriate to a junior Barrister of 2009 call. Starting at the Bar is never an easy task so Beverley is keen to impress and build new relationships with existing Clerksroom clients and attract new clients who require help from an enthusiastic and mature junior Counsel.
Beverley is accredited by the Bar Council to accept instructions in Public Access cases.
Longer term aspirations:
Whilst conducting general advocacy at small claims level and lower end fast track, Beverley wishes to develop her experience in all things veterinary. Beverley has been a veterinary surgeon since 1985 (with a particular interest in ophthalmology). She has been an elected member of the Council of Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) since June 2007, Vice-Chairman of the RCVS Disciplinary Committee since September 2008 and Chairman of the RCVS Legislation Working Party 2010-2011.
Legal experience & education includes:
• Bar Pro Bono Unit 2012: 1) Acted for Appellant doctor in appeal against erasure from GMC register, Administrative Court Cardiff, appearing before HHJ David Bean; 2) wrote advice and skeleton argument for defendant in Party Wall dispute (claimant dropped contested part of claim)
• FRU representative 2008 to present: acted in five separate Social Security cases
• Second six: exclusively crime, predominantly magistrates’ courts (some Crown Court work)
• Mooting: 1) Winner, ESU/Essex Court National Mooting Competition, 2008; 2). Finalist, City Law School Mooting Competition, 2009; 3) Represented UK at Commonwealth Law Conference Mooting Competition, Hong Kong, 2009; 4) Represented Middle Temple in Inter-Inn Mooting Competition 2010; 5) Represented Middle Temple at Willem Vis Arbitration Moot, Vienna, 2011
• March 2012: Offered position on Bar Standards Board Qualifications Committee
• 2009-10: Mooting Officer, Middle Temple Students’ Association
March 2012: 5-day Mediation Course
London School of Mediation, Strand
2008-09: Bar Vocational Course
City Law School (Inns of Court School of Law)
2007-08: University of Hertfordshire, St. Albans
Common Professional Examination (Graduate Diploma in Law)
Awarded Judges’ Prize for Excellence
University of Bristol Department of Law
Aspects of Medical Law (LLM distance learning module)
1979-1985: University of Cambridge (Lucy Cavendish College)
Medical Sciences Tripos 2.1 (1982)
Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (1985)