Clerksroom is a national provider of Barristers & Mediators providing advocacy, advice and mediation throughout England & Wales. Established in 2001, we are also one of the largest and most flexible mediation providers in the UK, committed to total client satisfaction.
- Legal services – A trusted group of 65 barristers and 200 mediators
- Specialist advice, advocacy and drafting – Civil, Commercial and Family law
- Fast & Multi-Track advocacy at all courts in England & Wales
- No travel costs for Fast-Track matters, recoverable CPR rates applied to all hearings
- Small Claims at fixed fees using our network of 200 local chambers and agents, book online.
- Fixed fees, Free CFA assessments, block contracts, CPR rates or budgets. We can help
- Clerking support – 15 friendly clerks and staff dedicated to making everything run smoothly
- Quick and easy booking service – By telephone using local rate 0845 083 3000 or book online, The Brief Exchange
- Licensed and public access – For in-house lawyers, companies and members of the public
- Convenient facilities – Professional meeting, mediation and conference suites at 6 central locations in the UK: London, Taunton (head office), Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Cardiff
What makes us different?
Like many Chambers, we offer access to a talented group of legal specialists for all cases and requirements. However, from the start in 2001, we chose to adopt the structure of a standard commercial business, with a management company in place of the traditional Chambers constitution.
How does our modern structure benefit you?
Traditionally, barristers' Chambers operate by way of a constitution. The Head of Chambers, management company and the staff are employed by the Chambers, which exists to ‘share expenses’. All too often, staff, buildings and marketing may be viewed as an ‘unfortunate cost’, as the focus is to reduce expenses wherever possible.
At Clerksoom, we believe that our staff, buildings, brand and client base are huge assets and invest in them accordingly. We monitor and maintain the internal standards of barristers vigorously and, should those standards fall short, we ensure things are put right. We are always looking to improve our service and welcome all feedback from everyone we work with.
Our clients agree that what really sets us apart is our dedicated, commercial approach to customer service. Our professional clerks are committed to putting your needs first, aiming to provide a reliable, friendly service every time. We are committed to the highest of standards.
As a result, we have created a highly successful national brand that we are very proud of.
Our success story
We began in 2001 with a set of instructions from a good friend. Today, we have 30,000 solicitors in our network enjoying our high level of service. On average, we now deal with over 5,000 new enquiries a month.
The Legal Services Act 2007 will allow for the growth of alternative business structures from October 2011. We are uniquely placed to take full advantage of the opportunities that are now emerging and look forward to further success in the future.
Who should know about us?
• Solicitors’ firms
• Insurance companies
• In-house legal departments
• Local authorities
• Commercial companies
• Licensed and public access clients
• Innovative, like-minded individuals
Our promise to you
We aim to be:
• Professional and friendly – Effective, personalised service every time
• Wide reaching – Barristers and mediators across the UK (cutting down travel costs)
• Flexible and accessible – Via telephone, email and online 24/7
• Cost-effective and efficient – Saving you time and money
• Consistently high quality – You can be assured of a first class service from our clerks, our self-motivated barristers, our business systems and network, and everyone we work with
• Continually investing in new technology – Helping our clients and staff to communicate and work effectively
We believe in:
• Client satisfaction: it’s not merely a cliché – it’s of paramount importance
• Being honest, open and transparent in everything we do
• Opportunities: seeking, creating, sharing and maximising them for our clients, staff and colleagues
• Measuring and evaluating everything we do, and continually improving our services wherever possible
Find out more
Clerksroom is the trading name of European Administration Limited, founded 27th April 2001, Registration number: 4207276. VAT registration number: 779507184